Nov 19-22; Dec 5-8, 2021
3-star Hotel in Tarifa
Size of the group
565€ per person (All taxes included)
We propose you an interesting and different nature trip in collaboration with Birding the Strait and Diarios de naturaleza. A trip to experiment with your Nature Journal and drawing birds in flight.
The Strait of Gibraltar is one of the most interesting places to observe birds and nature in general. Combined with its unique scenery, it becomes one of the best places to start or develop your creative and observational skills and begin your Nature Journal. This is an optimal period to observe the griffon vulture migration and the arrival of the cranes as well as other wintering species. Of course, the Strait of Gibraltar is also the perfect place to practice drawing birds in flight!
We will explore the old Lagoon of La Janda, looking for other resident birds of prey such as the Spanish Imperial Eagle and the Bonelli's Eagle. We will search for the critically endangered Northern Bald Ibis. In this tour we will also have the opportunity to observe seabirds in one of the most privileged points in the area, the Island of Tarifa. The island is a restricted area that will offer us the best views of the Strait and its migrant birds such as Northern Gannet, Scopoli's and Balearic Shearwaters.
The main goal of the trip will be to create our Nature Journal, an activity open to all levels and suitable for all ages, that does not require any previous experience. In the afternoon we will carry out practical workshops that we will test on the outings during the day. You will have the opportunity to learn to develop your imagination and creativity, and we will have fun creating our own Nature Journal. Here we will document our thoughts, discoveries and experiences throughout the journey.
- Guide: Rafa Benjumea.
- Length: 4 days.
- Maximum number of participants: 7.
- Price: 565€ per person in double occupation (all taxes included).
- Single supplement: 60€.
- Lodging: 3-star hotel in Tarifa.
- Food: excellent local food.
- Weather: Autumn can be very variable in the Strait of Gibraltar. Cool mornings and afternoons are expected with warmer temperatures in the central hours of the day if it is clear. We recommend a warm jacket and a waterproof jacket for possible rain and winds.
- Difficulty:Easy, short walks at a slow pace. Numerous stops to draw and take our fieldnotes. Driving trips of no more than 40 minutes.